Monday, September 04, 2006

B'day Review


Ok I already went into this cd with a chip on my shoulder. I felt this Cd was rushed. 2 weeks come on! Who is she? J.Lo? Does she think she can make a masterpiece in 2 weeks? Why is it titled after her Birthday? Why is Jay Z on 2 tracks again, is she that lazy?

Then there were the 2 lackluster performaces, the 1st at the BET awards which wasnt the big Beyonce Performance it was hyped to be. She came out on a fucking Stool. Then the Vmas it was a Janet/Britney Rip off. While being one of the highlighs it wasnt really Beyonce. She Im still kinda dissapointed. But at the end of the day, its about the music.

And the music isnt bad at all. Its a olid Cd, way more uptempo than that snore fest which was Dangerously In Love. Its more aggressive and has more attitude than any of her cds. Suga Mama Shouldnt have been on the cd its lame, who sings about being a Waffle Cone.

The songs do tend to be repetitive. Repeating Chorus' over and over again to fill time. But there are some highlights. Even though Beyonce doesnt have an orginal bone in her body, Ring the Alarm is a great song the video is Basic Insticnt, but I love twirling around my faux ponytail lol. Upgrade U should be a single if she didnt Release Deja Vu which isnt that bad.

Resentment is a great song if she didnt cover a Posh Spice song, Of all people to cover, why Posh? Irreplaceable is great probably will be a single, Neyo works good writing for the girls, I guess he has to get it out some way.

Green Light sounds very Amerie, but it still good nonetheless. Freakum Dress is perfection, Rich is really great working with her. The intensity makes you want to dance. Get me bodied is so repetitive but I can still see it being a hit. So basically she made a cd full of radio friendly hits nothing to deep, nothing to be grammied just fluff. I expected more from her, because I feel that she can bring it. Did she? No 7/10